• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recent bird pics in my garden. (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Hi All.
Just a few pics taken in the garden recently. The Blackie was 'helping' me to dig some shallow trenches for installing some log-roll, whilst helping himself to what I turned up. I couldn't resist the one of the sleepy Collared Dove; he looked so relaxed.

All the best.
Baz.

Last edited:
Great pics Baz, that Dove looks like he's nodded off for the day :clap:

Hi Baz,

Great set of pics. If that Dove was any more relaxed it would fall off.

I see that you've got a singing Dunnock same like me; I'm convinced that mine has a nest in the Holly, have you got anywhere for a nest?

My Blackies are more interested in Sultanas (soaked) and S. scone (crumpled) but then I don't dig very much. Anyway until the rain came yesterday it was too hard to dig much.

Woodies have got more character than people give them credit for, I like the quizzical way that one is looking at you.

Cheers, Bill

A great set of pics Baz:t:

They are all delightful in their own ways, but for me the Blackbird in pic 4 looks so peaceful...which at present makes a change for the Blackbirds!

Hi Ray, Mabel, Bill and Pam.
Thanks for your kind words.

RAY. I think the picture might have changed had the Sparrowhawk put in an appearance. LOL!!
MABEL. I've got a pair of Dunnocks in the garden at the moment, so the pics are not too difficult to come by. I like this shot because the bird is perched and singing.
BILL. Yes, there are several places in my garden for the Dunnocks to nest, but alas, I think they are nesting elsewhere, but close by. I agree with you about the Woodies; this one heard me and turned to have a look, but wasn't alarmed.
PAM. Yes, it sat there for ages just enjoying the sun. I know what you mean about making a change; my garden's been like an excerpt from a Keystone Cops film: chasing about like crazy. LOL!!

All the very best all.
Baz.

Last edited:
Nice selection there Baz. Goes to show that it's not always necessary to go beyond the confines of the garden to get interesting pics.

I've got a pair of dunnocks around at the moment, but no idea where they are nesting.

My male blackies are still fighting tooth and nail over the sultanas while one of the females looks on in disdain at their antics! Between them and the starlings, I'm getting through a hell of a lot of sultanas. I sometimes wonder what they think at the supermarket checkout.....!

Hi Baz,

Lovely shots of a well fed looking lot if photos are anything to go by. A lovely Blackie and singing Dunnock, a really good one that. What a dozey Dove though! Nice to see them Baz.

Love, Sue.

Hi Wendy and Sue.
Thanks for the nice comments.
WENDY. I think the Dunnocks that use my garden, and ground-feeder, are nesting just over the fence, but they are close enough for me to enjoy them.

SUE. The Dunnock I saw whilst gardening, rushed in for the camera, and bless it, there it was when I came back. As for the Dove, I think it's doing what I often do; having five minutes nap following a good meal. LOL!!

All the best to you both.
Baz.

Baz - although I enjoy seeing pics and reading about trips to reserves, I always get a lot of pleasure from people's garden birds. Thank you - these are lovely.

Hi Kits.
Thank you so much. I have to agree with you about the pleasure at seeing garden birds; one's own little patch is exciting; especially when something unusual drops in, or a bird presents one with a special pic.

All the best.
baz.

Hi Baz.Beautiful pics.For me the garden birds are like family and i adore seeing their pics.:clap:

My Blackbirds are nesting in the ivy, have 3 babies and the Blue-tits are rearing their young in our bird house and doing fine.The Starlings are working like mad rearing their young too.

Thankyou for sharing.

Hi Baz,
I'm with everyone else, seeing garden bird pics is always a treat. I love your Blackbird pic Baz, he's so cute.
Lovely pics well done.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back