• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dipper (1 Viewer)

Victor Soares

Hi Everyone,

I really want to get to see and hopefully photograph a Dipper ... any locations in Yorkshire that are good for the species?

I am in Sheffield

Cheers
Victor

The Strid, near Bolton Abbey, I would say, and I've also seen them in the Dalby Forest area, between Hackness and Forest Drive, in the streams down in the valley. They are a little way away at the Strid, so you'd need a fair length lens. Possibly you might see them in the Malham region too.

The Strid, near Bolton Abbey, I would say, and I've also seen them in the Dalby Forest area, between Hackness and Forest Drive, in the streams down in the valley. They are a little way away at the Strid, so you'd need a fair length lens. Possibly you might see them in the Malham region too.

Seen them at Malham Cove, on the waterfall at Goredale Scar and downstream of Janet's Foss.

Got a tick on my life list today :t: with Dipper (3 different sightings on River Wye between Cressbrook and Litton Mill)

Thanks for all the suggestions

dipper

this from North Yorks couple of years ago

Attachments

• small dipper (1 of 1).jpg
    small dipper (1 of 1).jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 58
The Calder between Hebden Bridge and Todmorden is also good... and not quite Yorkshire but the Derwent between Hathersage and Grindleford/Padley (both easy to do by walking between train stations)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back