• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Real suspicious email (1 Viewer)

6eor6e

Today I recieved what seems to me as real sus emails x 2, have deleted without opening now sitting in trash.

This is a first for me is there anything I should do or report to? They may be from a forum but not to sure I just replied to 1 (who are you).

They both have attachments. should I delete out of trash and forget?

Regards George

6eor6e said:
Today I recieved what seems to me as real sus emails x 2, have deleted without opening now sitting in trash.

This is a first for me is there anything I should do or report to? They may be from a forum but not to sure I just replied to 1 (who are you).

Regards George

Hi George

I would just report them as junk so they are sent into your junk e-mails and delete without opening at all .Delete them from trash too.
On one of my e-mail addresses I get an awful lot, all about the same thing and all with different names.It came about, when I complained to a certain radio station about a presenter ha ha.I get bombarded with these unsavoury messages and it states it all in the title PE*** Enl*******.+ attachments. around 30 per week.Doesnt worry me one bit though, I just press the empty button. :DI would never open an e-mail that was suspect though. :flyaway:

6eor6e said:

They sound like 'phishing' emails George - replying might not have been a good idea (now they know you exist).

I'd delete them ;)

Andy.

Thanks all, Will delete from all. The reply came back as a email failure. but the address was different wierd. Thanks again Regards George

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back