• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help, threads worn out on Leica scope... (1 Viewer)

buzzard12

Basically wondering if there is any alternative to welding the attachment plate from my Manfrotto 128RC to the scope....

The threads on my Tellevid 77 body have dissapointingly worn down to the point where I cannot attach the scope to the Tripod. The scope is perfect, but without being able to attach it to a tripod its as useless as a handbrake in a canoe...

Anyone had the same problem?

Basically wondering if there is any alternative to welding the attachment plate from my Manfrotto 128RC to the scope....

Drill it out and get it tapped to take a larger threaded bolt. The bolt head may need to be ground down and then have a screwdriver slot cut into it. Any machine shop should be able to this.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back