Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

WOOHOOO ...Spring In Pennsylvania!!

Old Tuesday 2nd March 2004, 09:47   #1
crazybirdlady
always waiting and watching

Talking WOOHOOO ...Spring In Pennsylvania!!

Hello Everyone!!!
I am so happy to report that I saw a ROBIN in my yard yesterday!!!!! I soooo hope that means spring is here!! It was only 3 weeks ago we still had a foot of snow in the yard! But slow and steady...the temps got up to 50-60F this past weekend!!!! HEATWAVE!!!! I know some of you are laughing!!:) I have also noticed the increase in blackbirds...the cowbirds will invade my feeders soon and that is a SURE sign that spring is here!!!! Have a GREAT day birding!!!
---------
Bobbi
Old Tuesday 2nd March 2004, 13:22   #2
Tammie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybirdlady
Hello Everyone!!!
I am so happy to report that I saw a ROBIN in my yard yesterday!!!!! I soooo hope that means spring is here!! It was only 3 weeks ago we still had a foot of snow in the yard! But slow and steady...the temps got up to 50-60F this past weekend!!!! HEATWAVE!!!! I know some of you are laughing!!:) I have also noticed the increase in blackbirds...the cowbirds will invade my feeders soon and that is a SURE sign that spring is here!!!! Have a GREAT day birding!!!
---------
Bobbi
Hi Bobbi,
Yup, sounds like spring to me! It's back to light winter here today, -3C, snowing and windy. Not too pleasant! I'm hopeful that this month the purple finches will show up. I won't get blackbirds or robins until at least next month. Spring doesn't show up to stay here until at least the end of March, sometimes mid-April. Don't know what this year will do.
Enjoy the birds ...... and the heatwave! :)
Old Tuesday 2nd March 2004, 14:13   #3
crazybirdlady

Hi Tammie
Sorry to hear that you have to wait that long:( I would not be doing so well if I had to do that....we will probably get a little snow yet but the major stuff is done!!! I have seen a few purple finches at the feeder the past few weeks!! Must be making their way to your house!! It rained here last night but has cleared out this morning and now is a little breezy! That is ok, we can handle that!! Hope you have a great day no matter what the weather!!!
Bobbi
Old Thursday 4th March 2004, 16:35   #4
danysloan

I've seen a number of Robins this year, but I tend to see them sporadically throughout the winter, maybe once a week or so. I have been seeing them more and more as of late, though! I saw my first A. Woodcock of the year yesterday, too.

Bobbi--where in PA are you from? I am originally from an area between West Chester and Reading.
Old Friday 5th March 2004, 09:20   #5
crazybirdlady

Hello,pleasesleep,
I am from Shippensburg, You may have heard of it because of Shippensburg University!! I live @3 miles from it! It is south central Pa. I have been to Reading shopping I live in a rural area not much here but a few neighbors and farms..a good place for birding!! I see that you live in a rather busy area!!:o) We do not see robins year round here! But tons of them in the spring!!!! And that is what we are waiting for!!:) Hope you have a Great day!!
Bobbi
Old Friday 5th March 2004, 15:24   #6
danysloan

I have heard of Shippensburg--that is pretty far out there.

Btw, do you like coffee? hahah
Old Friday 5th March 2004, 17:33   #7
crazybirdlady

As a matter of fact I do like coffee...In the winter that is what I live on!!HA HA It keeps me warm!! Not something I drink in the summer...I usually drink Iced tea!!
BTW....why do you ask??
Bobbi
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: