• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

strange visitors (1 Viewer)

Probably a male Redstart which sat on the wire just outside our living room window for a few minutes a couple of years ago. He sat there constantly wagging his tail up and down like a wagtail for a couple of minutes before flying away. What a stunning bird he was too.

A moorhen. It lurked around under the shrubs in a damp corner for a couple of days. Two years ago we had a superb dark variant of a male pheasant in the garden - overall much darker than usual and a blue-black irridescent colour in its darkest areas, but the same patterns as a regular male.

The first year we put the feeder up I would see a Common Grackle with a white breast. I had no idea what the bird was at the time but now know it was a Common Grackle with Leucism. Three years have passed and I see another Common Grackle with one single white tail feather when he stretches his feathers out.

Info and photos on Leucism from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leucistic

See ya,

We have a blue tit with no feathers on its head, which looks like a tiny vulture. Rather cruelly we call him Martin the Mutant.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back