• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Microglobe UK - any experience? (1 Viewer)

MussEd

The search for my scope continues. The more I read on here the less focus I achieve which is kind of ironic given the subject matter.

Anyway last night I thought I’d finally decided to ditch the idea of getting a second hand Swaro, and spending less than half of the cost of a new but seemingly uncommon Pentax scope. Found one on UK site Microglobe. Price was amazing and plenty choice of eyepieces to go with it. Shown in stock on the list page and was able to add stuff to basket. However when you click on the item page they show as out of stock and requires you to place a vague kind of back order.

Has anyone purchased from this site recently, any experience of using them? I’m
Not for a minute suggesting there’s anything untoward going on but
I don’t want to send money if they haven’t got the items...

Not recent, but I did buy some Pentax Papillo bins from them. As you say the price was very good. A couple of years on and the focus wheel sheared off. The Pentax website said they have long guarantee but that I should go via the retailer. I contacted Microglobe who said they were only sold with a one year guarantee. There was a back and fore email exchange between Microglobe, Pentax and me before I gave up and just fixed them myself.

So whilst they may be cheap, check the guarantee status!

Yes, the company is based on selling grey imports hence the competitive pricing - however as is illustrated if anything goes awry then you do not qualify for a UK warranty, just 1 year with the retailer. It's your choice, save a few quid in the purchase but beware if there is a problem.

Mmm - definitely felt there was something awry. Hence why I asked here and I didn’t place an order. Thanks for the replies- the search goes on!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back