• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Morocco from southern Spain (1 Viewer)

Egret

We will be in Andalucia in September and I (but not my wife) have always fancied nipping over to Morocco. Given that, at best, we could manage a couple of days I wonder if this is worthwhile. Presumably we would need to leave our Spanish hire car behind and hire in Morocco.

Is this just pie in the sky or is it "dooable"?

Thanks

Andy

I think that the easiest thing would be to contact a couple of hire car companies & ask! However, my understanding is that you wouldn't be able to take a Spanish hire car over to Morocco. Even if it's possible, I do wonder whether it might be cheaper to go as a foot passenger and hire over there,
John

From a birding/different cultural experience perspective surely must be worthwhile! (And you could always get conned into getting a cheap rug for the wife).

I'd have thought very do-able.

And surely it'll be cheaper generally in Morocco too?

Yes you can.
We did it in 2005 on a boat from tarifa to tangiers. It was cheapish as foot passengers. Best to pick up a vehicle in Tangiers. You could take one over, but not a hire car from what i recall.

Look in the Lonely Planet guides that cover Tarifa and Tangiers and you will get all the details. Ferries also go from Algeceras (?) near Gibraltar

We actually got a train south from tangiers, butthere were car hire places at the port.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back