• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leucistic American Robin (1 Viewer)

snowyowl

I didn't know where to post this thread so I put it here in the very much underutilized Canada forum. The bird is in Canada. I'm sure that a |Mod. will move it if it is in the wrong place.
I spotted this American Robin on our lawn along with dozen or so normal robins. The first shot taken very quickly through a double glazed plus screened window in case I wasn't able to get anything better and I wanted a record of the bird. Funnily enough, yesterday I thought That a saw another robin with a bit of white on it. The bird suffers from partial leucism, a lack of pigment in some feathers. I have seen this condition in grackles and blackbirds but this is the first time that I've seen it in robins.

Attachments

• IMG_9937.1..jpg
    IMG_9937.1..jpg
    123 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9944.1..jpg
    IMG_9944.1..jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 40
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back