• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Helios fieldmaster ed60? (1 Viewer)

Thanks for that, there is little info out there. Seems it is the same as the Theron saker scope from US which gets good reviews.

It's just a UK rebrand. Identical scope, loved mine, was devastated when it got destroyed.

Was a fantastic deal. Gold Crests on the fence line at 300 meters was no worry. You'll not regret the purchase.

I had one too,and its a more than decent scope in terms of optical performance..however,it carries a one year warranty only,if i remember well,and I am pretty sure the thing cant be repaired in the event of a problem,so it would be a matter of getting a replacement via the distributor,and there you might be in trouble.So for me the key issue is to know who is behind the import and what sort of warranty you are getting...again ,more than decent for the price,but far from astounding.limited range is 25x ,passed that gets quite dull,and soft as a pillow at the end of the zoom...190 pounds might buy a better second hand scope,like a used nikon ED II or an older Kowa...heck ,the new MM3 in 60 and 50 mm are not that far from that price point and the difference would be worth it..

Mine was not very sharp at 45x..As expected..And the reviews of many other members that used and owned the scope were pretty much in that line,if i remember correctly..Again,a nice lightweight budget scope.
My 0.02

Mine was not very sharp at 45x..As expected..And the reviews of many other members that used and owned the scope were pretty much in that line,if i remember correctly..Again,a nice lightweight budget scope.
My 0.02

Totally agree with you on the second hand route or Opticron MM3. That route offers a far better long term investment.

Just a personal up...
I bought this scope in France for 249€ and an astounding view from 15x to 45x !
I compare it with my APO triplet 80/480+Baader zoom MkIII (in the shop and after) and the view is just darker at 45x with the 60mm (normal) but no CA and a very fine image with the 60. The contrast is incredibly good. The field is not huge but with a good sharpness edge to edge for a budget scope.

My review (in french) here :
http://www.ornithomedia.com/phorum/read.php?4,143792
And some digi pictures (hand held :frog:) for CA and sharpness control (just for a try :smoke:) :
https://flic.kr/s/aHskCWFscM

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back