• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Replace in a Heartbeat or Not? (1 Viewer)

Only one I would replace without thinking is a Leupold Yosemite 6X30. I dont own any high end, but the Zeiss Conquest HD and the Zen Prime I do own are great binoculars, but I doubt I would worry about replacing them if I had the Yosemite.

I have been getting some interesting photos from my friends on Safari

Alan

Attachments

• IMG_2279 copy.jpeg
    IMG_2279 copy.jpeg
    996.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2277 copy.jpeg
    IMG_2277 copy.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2281 copy.jpg
    IMG_2281 copy.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2276 copy.jpeg
    IMG_2276 copy.jpeg
    950.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
To modify the question slightly-if I were starting over with current knowledge and interest in birding and astronomy
(and money to buy)

-Pentax Papillio 6.5x21 for the small stuff
-8x32, probably sand colored SW for hiking
-10x50 WX and tripod, why not dream,
? large spotting scope or small refractor for distant stuff

edj

Last edited:
Chuck,

I have an SV10X50 just prior to the Field Pro FP, and found out the optics are the same as the FP. It is a nice glass, but I prefer the Leica Ultravid in this configuration. I have viewed through the WX at the night sky, as that only it would be used for, it crushes any 10X for astro/ 9 degrees FOV.
The cheapest for it is in japan at $4,700. Just a fleeting dream, I could do more for that $$.
By the way how do you like the EDG?

Andy W.

Kite Bonelli 2.0 10x42 - I've had these for just a couple of weeks now, but I'd replace them for sure.
Kite Bonelli 2.0 8x42 - The same yummy goodness as the 10x42. I'd replace.
Kowa Genesis 8.5x44 - I love this binocular and it's built like a tank, excellent view. I would not replace though. The Kite are better.
Nikon EDG 8x32 - Another excellent binocular, small, great ergonomics. I would replace.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back