• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica guidebook (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
Hello peeps...

Long time no post, but I'm still around and I haven't forgotten the seemingly bottomless experience that is BF.

Simple request if you don't mind.

I've managed to budget in a holiday to Costa Rica next April - not a birding trip, but I'll have my eyes and binocs!

Would like to get hold of a decent field guide... pref pocket sized.

Any suggestions as to what I should get?

All help gratefully received :t:

The fairly new (2007) Garrigues & Dean guide is what you want.

Wow... the Forum is as quick as ever!

Thanks J. for your time and advice.

I've seen these online - seem well respected.

Definitely will consider.

Dave

Thanks Patrick. Also just had a quick look at your blog. That's going to help me revise! Like I said, not a birding holiday per se - in fact a lot of hand-holding and organised excursions - but I have eyes and a couple of free days in Manuel Antonio tagged on to the end.

Garrigues and Dean it was.

Spent a few weeks "revising" beforehand and (sadly) now back from Costa Rica - guidebook well thumbed.

Will post a shortish report when I get round to it, well impressed with what I saw... even though, unsurprisingly, I missed more.

Thanks for advice folks! :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back