• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A long-awaited first....HUME'S WARBLER!! (1 Viewer)

Hi all,
Sparrowbirder:no,it's not the Welsh bird.Got the following from the Birdguides website
" 09:58 19/12/03 Hume's Warbler Gwynedd Caernarfon 09:35 "
Colin:while a first for the world would be perhaps a bit too much to expect in Ireland,there are still enough of potential WP firsts that we could get here,so who knows?
Brian:"I reckon this must be the result of hundreds of hours of slog, often with very little to show for it."
Too right!Haven't done too badly at Knockadoon since I started to check it regularly:Golden Oriole,2 Pallas's Warblers and now a Hume's Warbler,but there have been days with 1-2 Chiffchaffs!
Harry H
P.S.Bird was still present this morning,visited the area earlier myself.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Still no pics of the Hume's online,but a record shot of the Welsh bird has made it on to Surfbirds this evening.
Harry H

Ahh Harry i was just starting to like you but 2 Golden Oriels not fair mate, i cant even see them in Norfolk never mind Northumberland if you find any more please post one on to my patch ta.

cuddy.

As you say, Harry, what a way to end the year!

SO - HERE'S TO THE NEXT! Who knows what it may hold in store???

Good luck to you.

Hi all,
"My" Hume's was still present today,but some of the gloss may be taken off it:Killian Mullarney found one today at Hook Head!
Harry H

Hi Harry,

Harry Hussey said:
Hi all,
"My" Hume's was still present today,but some of the gloss may be taken off it:Killian Mullarney found one today at Hook Head!
Harry H
Ah but his is still only the SECOND!! o:)

When I found Northumberland's first OB Pipit, someone else found another the next day!

Michael

Hi Michael and Jane,
Thanks,agree completely!That last posting was made in a tongue-in-cheek fashion.
Would Killian have checked Hook in late Dec if the Knockadoon bird hadn't been found,I wonder...?;)
Harry H

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back