• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Identification Help - Yellow Bird (1 Viewer)

deadjoe

Today I spotted a group of about 7 or 8 birds in Mustavori, East Helsinki which were a bit smaller than a fieldfare with pretty bright yellow underparts and a streaky black and white head, as they flew off quite soon and I was looking directly up against a bright sky that's all I managed to see.

I've looked through my books and I can't find anything that fits the description, any ideas? They most closely resembled a yellow wagtail but definitely weren't wagtails!

Thanks,
Ty

Looking at the wide range of colours of yellowhammers on Googles I suppose they could be, my two books don't show as much brown on the wings.

I think you may have got it in one, I'm pretty new to all this, I think I need to cross-reference more!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back