• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Viper 8.5x50 Binocular Blowout (1 Viewer)

gr8fuldoug

Camera Land / Supporting Vendor
Vortex Viper 8.5x50 Binocular Blowout

We are offering a crazy low price on these binoculars, while our supply lasts. This is the 2010 Vortex Viper 8.5x50 Binocular. It was selling for $589.99 and now we are offering it at approx. half price, @ only $299.99.

You can tell the difference between true quality, high performance and hype. You also know you could have paid more, but didn't. One look at the Viper binocular will convince you that no other binocular in this class can deliver low light performance with such bright, crisp images and exceptional color transmission at extreme distances. With 8.5x magnification and 50mm objective lenses, the 8.5x50 Viper is intended to delivering stunning details in low light situations.

*XD glass is an Xtra-low dispersion glass objective lens for finer resolution, and truer color.
*XR multi-layer coatings are proprietary, superior lens coatings to increase resolution and increase light transmittance.
*Complete waterproof protection keeps dust and water out of the optical system with tight O-ring seals.
*Complete fogproofing of internal lenses presents clear views in spite of sudden temperature changes because of nitrogen purged optics.
*Ribbed rubber armor ensures a solid, comfortable grip - even when wearing gloves.
*Metal-reinforced eyecups are tough and durable.

Specs:
Magnification 8.5 x
Objective Lens Diameter 50 mm
Eye Relief 19.4 mm
Exit Pupil 5.88 mm
Linear Field of View 305 feet/1000 yards
Angular Field Of View 5.8 degrees
Close Focus 9.8 feet
Interpupillary Distance 59-75 mm
Height 7 inches
Width 5.2 inches
Weight 28.7 ounces

Please feel free to call Doug or Neil @ 212-753-5128.

BTW, add a Vortex Binocular Harness Strap to your binocular order for only $10.00, as a special bonus.

Last edited:
We
have literally sold hundreds of these with no issues that have been reported to us. You can contact Vortex @ 1-800-426-0048
We are down to the last 75 or so and are just blowing those out to make new room for newer inventory

As I suspected! Hundreds sold! And just by Camera Land (which does not count all others sold elsewhere).

Many more people buy binoculars and do not comment on them in binocular forums than people who purchase them and comment on them there.

Bob

Last edited:
Mr. Doug, Cameraland's website makes my browser (firefox) freeze for a few when I try to use the scrollbar after opening any new link.

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/swarovski.pl?page=swarovski34108
Line: 0

BTW there's this:

Error: urchinTracker is not defined
Source File: http://www.cameralandny.com/optics/swarovski.pl?page=swarovski34108
Line: 214

Disabling my right click on the webpage is a little annoying. I understand that you are trying to protect your images but I may want to copy/paste a model number to run a search but my right click is totally disabled - unless of course, I just disable javascript.

I have none of the browser issues you describe but I use IE8. Right-click is not disabled either.

Cameraland's site takes about 23 sec. to load for me, competition 4-5 sec. My download speed is 2.90 Mbps upload speed .70 Mbps. I live in the country and used to have dial up so this is fast for me.:):) I don't get on CL much.

I have none of the browser issues you describe but I use IE8. Right-click is not disabled either.

ie8 not as standards compliant browser as FX and your javascript may be turned off or it's handling it differently. The javascript in the page is supposed to block right clicks.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/ie9-vs-firefox-4-vs-chrome-10-935792

***edit****

I just turned off javascript in Firefox and the page seems to load instantly and there is no scrolling issue.

Here's this: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=1

Last edited:
Cameraland's site takes about 23 sec. to load for me, competition 4-5 sec. My download speed is 2.90 Mbps upload speed .70 Mbps. I live in the country and used to have dial up so this is fast for me.:):) I don't get on CL much.

I get on CL at least once or twice a day.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back