• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (4 Viewers)

Calliope Hummingbird, a male seen for only a matter of seconds at the flowers in my front yard before my presence scared him off, and he didn't return after over an hour of waiting. Still, a few seconds is all you really need to add a lifer.

I don't know if everyone here interest with my recent bird, but Milky Stork is a wonderful lifer for me here in Java. I am really excited about it.

From Manzanillo, Mexico
3/24/14 Broad-billed Hummingbird

From Barra de Navidad, Mexico (current location)
4/4/14 San Blas Jay, Plumbeous Vireo, Sinaloa Wren

Last edited:
Caspian Gull yesterday, 1st for Iceland. Thought my days of driving for hours to see immature gulls were long gone but it was a good day out in nice weather and amazing scenery. I did miss a year tick Arctic Fox by being too engrossed in some silly game on my blinkin phone though.

After a four-country world tour probably the last lifer of the trip was Laysan Albatross in Hawaii, and Western Gull at LA airport.

Overall about 350 new species.

Last Tuesday 4/22, I finally checked off another nemesis bird, seeing 2 or 3 Hammond's Flycatchers at Deukmejian Wilderness Park, in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains.

In the past, I'd always missed them due to timing: I left Humboldt County (where I was attending HSU for my wildlife degree, graduating last spring) too early to see them on their nesting grounds in the local mountains, and arrived back home in L.A. too late to see them on their migration northward. Well, that's one less bird to worry about.

A shedload of 'lifers' for my first day in Tucson AZ today. Gambel's Quail, Gila Woodpecker, Gilded Flicker and Virginia's Warbler at the Desert Museum. Mexican Duck ( real ones, not mucky Mallard hybrids ) and my first Common Gallinule since the split, at Sweetwater Wetlands and Rufous-winged Sparrow while travelling between sites. They more than made up for the 80 minutes it took to get through customs and the Crown Victoria midden the car rental place tried to palm off on me. Off up into the Santa Catalina's tomorrow so, with a bit of luck, I should pick up some more. :t:

Thanks Larry. It's my first time / day here, so my year list is going through the roof. If the rest of the holidays going to be like this - they may have one more illegal immigrant. ;) Bit 'warm' though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back