• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any ideas where to find a deal on a Sony RX10IV (1 Viewer)

pbjosh

missing the neotropics
Switzerland
Hello folks,

I'll be back stateside shortly and am looking to order a Sony RX10IV but cannot find any deals beyond ordering from B&H and getting a free case and memory card. I tried asking B&H for a better price and didn't get one.

It could be that no better deals exist but there are a lot of folks on here who keep closer tabs on these things than me so thought I would ask.

Many thanks and happy holidays!
Josh

It is early in the product life for this camera and it has gotten very positive reviews both in Europe as well as in the US. Strong demand should be expected consequently.
I'd worry that any deal at this point would be for a reason.

Indeed, I didn't see anyone advertising a price below MSRP, but figured I have a few days before ordering and maybe someone on here is clever and knows a reputable retailer who is happy to discount a bit over the phone or the like :)

Cheers and happy new year to all.

It is early in the product life for this camera and it has gotten very positive reviews both in Europe as well as in the US. Strong demand should be expected consequently.
I'd worry that any deal at this point would be for a reason.

It has got very good reviews but I would love to know what the sales are like. I think a lot of people are thinking that's a lot of money for a bridge camera - even if it does appear to be thebridge camera - and hoping the price drops. I've yet to see one in the field. I also think that quite a lot of people want to hear more from people who are used to using an SLR and have bought one.

I may be wrong but I'm hoping for the former and waiting for the latter. Although the more I read the more I'm close to cracking.

Last edited:
I've been seeing them a lot here in Florida out in the wetlands - actually have encountered 3 people with them already. One is a photographer I know, who has a lot of cameras...he shoots currently with an A7RIII, A6300, and RX10IV. He has been very happy with the tracking focus performance of the new RX10IV, which replaced his RX10III that he only used primarily for still birds. The A7RIII is still his most used rig, but he's usually got the RX10IV with him on a black rapid strap to use as a second body.

The other two I've encountered were both primary/only cameras for those folks. This time of year, I see just about every type of camera in our local wetlands as it's prime nesting/wintering season.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back