• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (1 Viewer)

A fantastic little package arrived in the mail last night, only made more fantastic when seen in the natural light of this morning. Every page of the catalog is a pleasure to contemplate, and re-contemplate!

Speaking of posting checks I wonder if anyone else in the US has run into the same problems I have? I thought it would be simple to send a money order through USPS. But for whatever reason it doesn't send them to Great Britain. If I want to send to Albania or Mali I can. But it looks like most of Europe is out. I have no idea why.

In any case I'm searching about for a way to send the money order. If anyone else has run into similar problem, and especially a solution, please let me know.

I do feel a bit odd about posting this here but my guess is that others will run into the same problem. So it seemed better to put it here rather than in a PM.

I'm having the same problem Ken, yesterday I set up a paypal account, and I'm assuming there is a way to get money to his account, he says he takes paypal, but being brand new I'm not sure how it works yet, I PM him and got an email link to Sal, but still haven't figured out how to pay yet. I've avoided the paypal thing for a long time, guess the jig is up.

My cheque is in the post. Thanks very much Tim, I love it it. On such a miserable day here in the Midlands, I was smiling as I went through it again today, gorgeous artwork and it was a taste of summer.

Magnificent Frigatebird in YORKSHIRE!!!!

I'm just feling a bit on the queasy side at the moment seeing as this news has only just broken - reason? . . . I've just been back to the 'Old Country' to see Ma and to collect a vehicle. Where from? - Honley, just a couple of miles and but a few hours away from the reported sighting of this most Mega of Megas. For Jayzus' sake, it's about as likely as an emu!
I'm going for a lay down . . . . . . .

I'm just feling a bit on the queasy side at the moment seeing as this news has only just broken - reason? . . . I've just been back to the 'Old Country' to see Ma and to collect a vehicle. Where from? - Honley, just a couple of miles and but a few hours away from the reported sighting of this most Mega of Megas. For Jayzus' sake, it's about as likely as an emu!
I'm going for a lay down . . . . . . .

Watch out though- once these big crazies hit UK they go north! Porthgwarra to Shropshire.. one on Tiree...one on Isle of Man and there was one in Harwich Harbour and then Landguard many years ago (ID screwed up so not in the official records) that was then seen over fields in Norway a few weeks later. So eyes to the sky..

Rock & Snow

Been working on this large-ish watercolour for the past couple of days from an idea I had in October sometime.
Snow buntings and a single rock pipit feeding on the ripe seeds of sea-rocket;
'Rock & Snow' - watercolour, 30"x17"

Attachments

• rock & snow 800.jpg
    rock & snow 800.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 141
In the US it's Thanksgiving Day, besides feasts and football it is a day to really notice all one has to be thankful for.

I opened this painting and just felt how grateful I am for the art, the artist, and the Nature that inspired it.....Happy Thanksgiving Tim, this is a work I will study for a long time, as to me, everything is perfection, the light, the composition, the color, the varied and complex attitudes of the birds, and the masterful use of watercolor media.

Last edited:
In the US it's Thanksgiving Day, besides feasts and football it is a day to really notice all one has to be thankful for.

I opened this painting and just felt how grateful I am for the art, the artist, and the Nature that inspired it.....Happy Thanksgiving Tim, this is a work I will study for a long time, as to me, everything is perfection, the light, the composition, the color, the varied and complex attitudes of the birds, and the masterful use of watercolor media.

I couldn't have said it better myself Colleen, except that we'll replace football with our yearly stroll along the Wissahickon Creek here in Philadelphia checking to see what wildlife is still around.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Been working on this large-ish watercolour for the past couple of days from an idea I had in October sometime.
Snow buntings and a single rock pipit feeding on the ripe seeds of sea-rocket;
'Rock & Snow' - watercolour, 30"x17"

That's a beauty. There's a bit of a tradition on this sub-forum of artist not admitting out loud when secretly pleased with something- but you've got to be happy about that one..

That's a beauty. There's a bit of a tradition on this sub-forum of artist not admitting out loud when secretly pleased with something- but you've got to be happy about that one..
Ha - you're right in many respects, Ed - but there's such a lot I'd change about this piece were I to do it again. There is a happy client out here, though . . . B :)

Storm Beach Hoodie

Another one of those moments whilst walking mad dog Donnie around the Point of Ness. It's only when they move that hooded crows reveal themselves while camouflaged against the sombre greys and browns of the storm beach.
Watercolour 22"x15"

Attachments

• hoodie beach.jpg
    hoodie beach.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 125
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back