• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colombia - Otun Quimbaya - two (1 Viewer)

Plain Antvireo 1st image Tom,
2nd shot is not an adult bird (note prominent yellow gape) , and I would say that even it recalls an adult Bronze-olive Pygmy-Tyrant, it has a wrenish jizz to me... can you give us an estimate (compare to another bird you know well) of size?
WHERE exactly in Otun-Quimbya did you see that one?
saludos, d.

Thanks about the Antvireo, I knew that once.
The brown bird was right at the entrance of one of the trails that you can´t go on anymore wihtout a guide. It was maybe 1 meter above the ground in a very dark area. It seemed a tiny bit bigger than a pygmy tyrant (but I've only seen scale-crested).
thanks

Thanks about the Antvireo, I knew that once.
The brown bird was right at the entrance of one of the trails that you can´t go on anymore wihtout a guide. It was maybe 1 meter above the ground in a very dark area. It seemed a tiny bit bigger than a pygmy tyrant (but I've only seen scale-crested).
thanks

mmhhh.... I would not put a name on that bird yet then... someday, someone is going to photograph/find a bird like that being fed by its parents and then we would know!
;-)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back