• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Our first egg!!! (1 Viewer)

Yve

Well she's done it :clap:
We are pleased to announce the arrival of our first blue-tit egg :-O
- not that we're just a bit excited or anything!!!

Hopefully a few more to come and all goes well!!

We're dead chuffed as the box and camera only went up this year

I have had B/Tits in my box for years, this year I moved the box, nothing, was that a bad move or what?
Had a male S/Hawk divebomb my feeding station this morning, however he left empty clawed!

Slainte.........Craftycarver.

Yve said:
Well she's done it :clap:
We are pleased to announce the arrival of our first blue-tit egg :-O
- not that we're just a bit excited or anything!!!

Hopefully a few more to come and all goes well!!

We're dead chuffed as the box and camera only went up this year

:clap:
How exciting!!! Is egg laying done in the morning, one a day, for x amount of days??? How many would you expect?
This is new for me, when I was in Wales and England last year, I thought these guys were wonderful (I have an affinity with the black-capped chickadee here and am always pleased if they nest near by!!)
shelley

shelley810 said:
:clap:
How exciting!!! Is egg laying done in the morning, one a day, for x amount of days??? How many would you expect?
This is new for me, when I was in Wales and England last year, I thought these guys were wonderful (I have an affinity with the black-capped chickadee here and am always pleased if they nest near by!!)
shelley
Its normally one a day for about 10 days, 14 days incubation and about 18 days to fledging.

box and camera also new this year o:)

still waiting for our Blue Tits, not much material being bought in any more so presume eggs wont be too much longer.

2nd egg today

2nd egg today - she seems to be laying them in the mornings.
It was the first time we had seen her sleeping in the box over night, looking very fluffed up and snug.

Don't worry I won't bore you all with a daily count of the eggs - I'll let you know what the grand total is though!

Yve said:
2nd egg today - she seems to be laying them in the mornings.
It was the first time we had seen her sleeping in the box over night, looking very fluffed up and snug.

Don't worry I won't bore you all with a daily count of the eggs - I'll let you know what the grand total is though!

This is SO NOT boring....I love the updates.
Thanks for sharing the excitement
shelley
Was suprised to read she is sleeping in the box...is she also incubating (during the day?)

No - she's not incubating during the day. She seems to cover the eggs before she leaves the nest in the day - you would't know any eggs were there.

Oh yes, number 3 has arrived this morning!

had a very early alarm call today when my daughter announced we had eggs, were covered up by the time I got to the TV but did see them later, at least 3, maybe 4.

not incubating either, unless the bird is in the box and moving the material on them they're very hard to see.

Does the male hang around, or does he like to peek at the little would be tits? I hope you had egg #4 today and she starts to incubate soon!
Your daughter is a budding ornithologists, is she!
shelley

dont see both birds much, female seems to have done most of the work as far as I can tell....

your daughter is a budding ornithologists, is she!

she occasionally comes out with me, but not really that interested, which is fair enough, but that hasn't stopped me trying to make her appreciate our wildlife ;)

She quite often surprises people with what she does know, her teacher told me she had quite an arguement about whether the large black bird on the school field was a Raven or Crow, my daughter was furious when she got home as she knew it was a Crow and the teacher wouldn't listen o:)

eggs

nice to see reports of blue tits eggs,we have 9 eggs at the moment maybe more to come as they have not started incubting yet,good luck with yours.

Attachments

• eggs3.JPG
    eggs3.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 129
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back