• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Compact camera cable release (1 Viewer)

Claymore

Hi,
Here's a handy gadget for compact camera's that don't have plug in remote release socket.
Got it off Amazon and fastens with Velcro.
Would be useful for digiscopers?
Cheers
Brian

Last edited:
I considered one of these to use with my Fuji F30 but noticed that the velcro would cover most of the controls on the back of the camera. The idea looks good but check where the shutter button is in relation to your camera's control buttons.

Brian, how well does it remain in place once locked down or is there any tendency for it to move off center of the shutter release,,??

Derry

I tried one of these a few years ago. I have to say it was completely useless, maybe my camera was the wrong shape? It was just impossible to keep in place over the shutter.

A metal one is much better. Except the Eagle Eye one which is also useless (the thread wore out very quickly.............on 2 separate units).

I tried one & it was virtually useless because of the shape of my camera (canon A510), it kept sliding off the shutter release, even with loads of elastic bands wrapped around it.

Far better to splash a few quid on an SRB Griturn gizmo which fixes to your tripod socket on the base of the camera. If yr camera doesnt have a tripod socket, buy one that does!!!

I tried one & it was virtually useless because of the shape of my camera (canon A510), it kept sliding off the shutter release, even with loads of elastic bands wrapped around it.

Far better to splash a few quid on an SRB Griturn gizmo which fixes to your tripod socket on the base of the camera. If yr camera doesnt have a tripod socket, buy one that does!!!
Your right it does only fit certain cameras, but as my main camera is a Canon Mk111 + Sigma 300-800mm lens the digiscoping is only for playing around with basically a toy.
Cheers
Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back