• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dual Force Pro is no longer available (1 Viewer)

Andy Bright

Administrator
Staff member
England
Yep, they've all gone..... a rather acrimonious message on Eagle Eye's site states that they've had a major parting from the guy who designed the power pack. Though repairs will still be honoured.
If you're thinking of going to Warehouse Express for one.... forget it, a friend of mine has just nabbed the last one.

Eagle Eye are already working on their very own design.

An alternative for the impatient (for a ready made external psu) is the very expensive Quantum range of power packs.

If anyone knows of other alternative devices, post on here.
Andy

Andy
I use a Maha Powerex Mh-mb140li battery for my Nikon4500 Ive been using this for about 6 weeks now with no problems except for the belt clip which broke on holiday but i know use velcro. It lasts about 2.5 times as long as the Nikon is no bigger than a cigarette packet easily velcros to the tripod comes with a charger + car charger and case price £60 from Nevhda Tel 023 9231 3090. Maha is an American Co they have a web sitewww.mahaenergy.co.uk steves digicams have tested this battery pack think theres a link on the Maha web site. The Nikon battery that the camera came with is now knackered after about 40 charges when i get another it wont be aNikon.

Last edited:
Thanks, the Samsung device should power the cp4500 o.k. and it uses the same plug as the cp990/995 as well.
If any of you guys want to write a seperate thread on your own camera psu, maybe with a piccy, I'd appreciate it.
Andy

My Quantum powered my Coolpix and flash and lasted over 600+ shots without even one dot drained! Simply amazing but darn heavy!
Cheapest place is Ebay.Too bad the Dual Force is gone. It is a great design for on the go as it is nice and small!

Nikon_Boy said:
My Quantum powered my Coolpix and flash and lasted over 600+ shots without even one dot drained! Simply amazing but darn heavy!
Cheapest place is Ebay.Too bad the Dual Force is gone. It is a great design for on the go as it is nice and small!

Out of interest, what Quantum unit are you using? I've seen some very new models (small size) with mega$$ price tags.
Andy

I got the following message from Eagleeye
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 24 May 2004 11:35
To:
Subject: Re: Dualforce Pro Power Pack

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately despite concerted efforts, we have to date been unable to procure the production of a replacement powerpack product meeting our specifications at a marketable cost. We therefore have no current plans in hand for the production of a powerpack in the near future unless this cost aspect changes.

I am afraid that we cannot offer any advice on a suitable available alternative and the old model is no longer available.

My very best regards

Carlo Bonacci
EagleEye OpticZooms ( UK )
http://www.eagleeyeuk.com

Maha seems to make a reasonable alternative from what I read but I've only been able to find US distributors which means you have to add shipping costs and then VAT to the price (right?). What about the Maplin power pack how are people finding it? I've just looked up the price of the Quantum on my usual suppliers website and with a charger its coming in at £200

Glasgowbirder Welcome to Birdforum.I use both the Maha powerex and the maplin power pack since getting the Maplin powerpack i only use the Maha as backup.you can get 2 maplins for the price of the maha and it's more powerfull, it very good value for money.Lots of digiscopers on here use it.The Maha i brought over here from a company in Hampshire if you want ill try and get their name but i do think the Maplin one much better,iam sure someone on here will be able to supply the part no if you wish.

Yep I also use the maplin battery pack, and am highly delighted with it.

One of its best features are the charge lights. You can see exactly where the charge is up to and whether it will run out. I have never had an occasion where it has.

I keep mine attached by rubber bands to my Zeiss adaptor. It fits well and doesn't get in the way at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back