• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cable release for A570 (1 Viewer)

giaina

Hi all,
I Have a Kowa TSN-3 mounting the old 30xW scope and actually I digiscope with a Baader Microstage II adapter. I would ask you if someone can help me choosing a cable release system which works with my canon A570.
I have another question: MicrostageII doesn't satisfy me, is there another way (rings or somethig like these) to connect my A570 to the old Kowa 30xW?

Thank you in advance,

Paolo

Thank you, but..

I thank you for the hint, but I'm afraid this system doesn't work together with the Baader Microstage II, because both have to be screwed the same hole in.. ..the one at the bottom of the camera!
I hope that my bad english can be understood and that someone else can give me a hand,

thanks again Mick!

The SRB Griturn shutter release has a tapped hole in the bottom of the bolt, so you can screw another bolt into it.

This will efffectively "raise" yr camera by the thickness of the bolthead and the sliding bracket.

As long as the microstage II has enough vertical adjustment to lower the camera a corresponding amount it should work.

My SRBG release (the SLR one rather than for compacts) has a depth of 20mm, so if yr microstage II has 20mm of adjustment available it should be ok.

Hope this makes sense!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back