• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So happy to have found this forum! (1 Viewer)

I googled a question about birds and fortunately came upon this site. I'm so happy to be among bird lovers! Perhaps someone has remedied this problem and can share: when I put thistle seed out for the finches, so much of it ends up on the ground. I have looked at feeders that offer a catch disk underneath, but I'm thinking the seed would get wet and damaged sitting in a container, even with drainage. Any solutions?

Hi Nefdouglas and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Bird Feeder forum, as I think you're more likely to get the information you need there. I do have a feeling that you can get special socks or something to put thistle seeds into?

I have also subscribed you to the thread so you can find it easily and will be advised of any replies. Meantime, I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from me in Myrtle Beach ;)

I finally stopped feeding thistle because of the same problem. Hope you get some suggestions that I can work with as well ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back