• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aviemore Ospreys (1 Viewer)

speyghillie

Well my Osprey hide is up and running so far so good, had a Tawny Owl Chick visit for a week before moving on, will be making a new place for them tomorrow.
Thanks Gordon

Attachments

• S1300023.JPG
    S1300023.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 00030_201251193039.jpg resized.jpg
    00030_201251193039.jpg resized.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 296
Ospreys from the new hide

Thanks Ben Nevis,

Attachments

• bigger.jpg 800 pixel.jpg
    bigger.jpg 800 pixel.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC03841.jpg resized.jpg
    DSC03841.jpg resized.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 267
Gordon

Just wanted to say really well done on your project.
Had an absolutely fantastic 2 mornings with you this week with some fantastic action from the Ospreys.
The positioning of the hide to the Lochin taking into account the best lighting and distance is as far as I am concerned perfect (even if we didnt see much sun.....but its only June!!!)

Really Looking forward to getting back up as soon as I can for another morning or 2,highly addictive viewing and the satisfaction of looking at the pictures when I got home.
I`ll post some up for you folks once I have sorted through them.

Cheers again

Ross

I too had the pleasure of meeting Gordon and using the hide this week and it was a brilliant experience - here are a couple of mine but I have a sneaky feeling Ross's will be better :)

As has been said above, its a brilliant hide which seems just about perfect to watch and/or photograph the Ospreys at close range - I also saw Peregrine, Red Squirrel, Oystercatcher, Greater Spotted Woodpecker, Siskin and Wagtails from the hide.

Thanks Gordon for both the work you did to put the hide in in the first place and also for sharing your local knowledge - I'll be back next year I'm sure.

Attachments

• Osprey1.jpg
    Osprey1.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 245
  • Osprey2.jpg
    Osprey2.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Osprey3.jpg
    Osprey3.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 215
What wonderful photos by all!! Sounds ididyllic might shout if I get as far as NE as Speyside - normally do at some point over the summer ;) for a bit of an Osprey fix!!

Hi Guys,
Great to see your pictures Peter, and was good to meet you all and glad you had a good experience at the Hide, the one on the Perch was sitting there again this morning before hitting the water and away with a fish.
Would be great to see you guys again, right now i am working on a few more species........ spoke to some guys i went to school with who work on estates around Aviemore and i now have access to Photograph Red Deer Stags, Red Grouse later this year and in the Spring Mountain Hares, Black Grouse ect........ sometimes its good to be local to Aviemore and have lots of school friends who manage estates in the area.
I really hope to have Pine martins after i get the Otters back in to my Lochan, they may have been in last night but i will be sitting in the hide tomorrow night to watch.
Got to fly, i have a new place near my little Lochan for Roe deer before the Osprey session i an working on.
Cheers Guys and looking forward to seeing you Pictures Ross.
Gordon.

Thanks a lot Gordon,you`ll soon be needing to publish a catalogue with everything you can cover up there :t:

Here are some pictures from last week to start with

1DM48094 copy.jpg

1DM48096 copy copy.jpg

1DM48097 copy.jpg

Some cracking pictures Ross,
I am still getting the same amout of hits on the water every morning, but hopefully that will increase during the next couple of months,so far this season i have a 98% success rate, making it the best place in the UK to photography Ospreys diving for fish, but it still takes skill with the camera to capture the images you have so very well done. :t:
working on a new place for Pine Martin Photography and its coming along nicely, need to work on it for a few more weeks or months but it will be another place to add to the list.
Cheers Gordon.

Attachments

• pine martin.jpg
    pine martin.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 164
Hi All,
Sorry for the late reply, i am just in the door and heading out again at 10pm for a while (pine Martins) .
Really good to see some many great pictures from my hide and that everyone has had a good morning, so far its still 100% every morning and 7 to 8 different Ospreys diving.
Hope to see you all later in the season or next year.
Thanks Gordon.

Hi, we are travelling up to Aviemore around the 30th July would love to photograph the Ospreys can you give me any details of the hide availability ? Might be easier to e mail me direct: gowild 'AT' freeuk.com Thanks

Gordon's tele contact details are posted on his Facebook page Aviemore Ospreys

I had the pleasure of two sessions in his hide recently and can thoroughly recommend it. A pleasure to meet and will be back in a few weeks.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back