• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Cuba (1 Viewer)

Mary Rodriguez

Hello to all members and moderators.I live in Cuba and I´m very hooked to this net.I'm really new in the birding world and I really enjoy it. Hope to share my experiences and exchange info with all the memebers. Hope you would like to know from this part of the world.
I speak Spanish,English, Italian and French a little bit. Sorry, if I make any mistake.My mother tongue is spanish.

Hello Mary,
Nice to have had a quick chat with you tonight. Your English is great. Don't worry about mistakes, everyone will understand you. Look forward to more chat and posts

Colin

Hi Mary and welcome to Birdforum :D
I'm glad that you like the site and look forward to reading your posts. I'm sure that you must have some exotic birds for us to hear about in your part of the world.

Bueno tarde Maria.
Welcome to BF.
It will be a big bonus having someone in Cuba to educate us about its wildlife. We in the UK have around 250 species but this varies widely with the seasons and migration. How many do you have I wonder? I will find out when you start posting. I look forward to that.

Hello Maria. What is the weather like in Cuba then? Over here it is a mixture of some sun and a lot of cloud, warm and dry though. Funky says it is useless weather for Bird watching, he says the best weather is the exciting sort, fairly windy and cool with showers with bad weather on the way, this seems to send the birds into a feeding frenzy. I bet some of the birds over there have some very strange names. Funky has just said, " I bet the birds have to wear sun glasses in Cuba."
:girl:

G'day Maria

G'day Maria,
I'm a new member also and look forward to learning about what Cuba offers the birding world.
Good luck,
Robert

Hello Mary. sorry for getting your name wrong, I blame Funky for that. You will have to forward a 5 hour slap wrist for getting your name wrong. You ask what was the time difference between UK and CUBA well you are 5 hrs behind us 'or 19 hours in front? (funky!)' and as for our weather it can't seem to make it's mind up whether to be lovely sun shine or to stay very cloudy and a bit cold. Mind you thats how Funky likes it 'The stormier the better' (funky!) I thought we had a new bird on our bird table this morning but it was only a young coal tit with pale colours. Sorry for the confusion over your name Mary. I just had to apologize again to you. We are starting the bad autumn weather over the next few weeks and are looking forward to some good migratory species. Are you doing the same? I think it will be spring for you.

regards Erpgirl :girl:

Hello Mary, I will be visiting Cuba in December and staying in the Varadero area, is this anywhere near where you live? I'm looking forward to doing some birdwatching in Cuba.

Hello Mary and welcome to the forum from another
Australian member. I'm trying to teach myself Spanish but not progressing very well. Spend too much time birdwatching!

Here's an American welcome to you, Mary!

I've been intrigued by Cuba for quite a while -- my parents spent a day in Havana on their honeymoon in 1950 and my mother never stopped talking about it.

I'm looking forward to learning more about Cuban birds and the area you live in. Perhaps I'll put on my "Buena Vista Social Club" CD while I read them!

A dream would be to open one of your posts in the future to find you'd seen an Ivory-billed Woodpecker. What's the chance of that, I wonder??

Hello Mary,
Quite a surprise !! I was just reading internet information about birdwatching in Cuba when I was re-routed to your message in bird forum . I am going to Cuba ( Holguin ) on Jan.19 and I hope to spend a lot of time hiking and enjoying the avifauna. I would be most interested in meeting like minded naturalists when I arrive.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back