• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2018. (2 Viewers)

My own garden and surrounds have gone very unproductive - nothing new for nearly a month despite plenty of effort looking for a Honey Buzzard or even a Rose-coloured Starling going over.

Mustn't give up though - a friend had five Bee-eaters over his garden just two miles away last Thursday !!!

Steve

#63. Arctic Diver - Couple of years I have waiting to see this from garden, cos I have seen them migrating over neighborhood. When collecting morning mail it was proven that it is always worth keeping binoculars in the neck. |:D|

Just about hour a go I saw 13 Gavias* fly over to the East. :eek!: Arctic migration isn't over yet.
Also - and - at last:

#64. White Wagtail - What a h&#@!? I'm in same number than last year total!

* 96 % sure that they were Arctic Divers.

Last edited:
Couldn't believe it at 8.35am!....presumably commuting between the two lakes which my abode sits between...Great Creste Grebe. Only my 2nd in 35 years!...no.71.

All happening in the garden this morning - the Tawny Owl calling, Coal Tit, Bullfinch and Greenfinch singing, when some

Common Crossbills

flew over calling obligingly.

Which makes 61 with pigeon.

Considering that by this time last year I'd had 8 sightings....this mornings Peregrine was a relief! no.72.

While sorting through my moth catch early this morning I paused for alarming starlings and swallows expecting a Sparrowhawk to go over but instead an unseen

70 Oystercatcher

flew around calling, a garden lifer no less.

Then after breakfast another heard only

71 Yellow Wagtail

Steve

Seeing the first juvenile Swallows now, so no surprise to see the latest addition turn up in the neighbourhood:

75 Hobby

Mind you, it was catching large insects rather than chasing hirundines.

Woodcock just flew over! (62)

Wow!....wouldn't expect that at this time of year :t:, but then almost nodding off with eyes streaming (high pollen) literally out of the blue......a Sand Martin then a second with a Swallow over the house!....no.73.

Looks like I will end my two years at my current house in Houston with 38 species, the last of which was a Swainson's Hawk a week ago. That, along with a resident eastern screech owl and a flyover flock of Franklin's gulls were the highlights. I'm guessing I will not exceed this number at my new apartment in Fort Worth, TX but I can't wait to check out a new area and get to know a bunch of new hot spots.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Very hot here lately, tempting the lizards and snakes out for a sunbathe, which is good news for this addition:

76 Short-toed Snake Eagle

hovering over the distant mountainside this afternoon. The first I've seen since we moved here two years ago but not a Garden lifer as I saw one here in 2015.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back