• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best plants to grow to attact hummingbirds? (1 Viewer)

mikal

I bought a packet of bee balm and scarlet runner beans hoping to attract some hummingbirds. Any other plants that have worked for you?

I have bottlebrush, Texas red yucca, honeysuckles, yellow jasmine, hot lips sage salvia and lots of Kniphofia (torch lily) that work perfectly for me.

Vicki

You should definitely check out your local garden store and ask someone who's knowledgeable there, as local is always best. That being said, I've stepped up my hummer patio this season, and they've gone nuts for the new emu bushes, kangaroo paws and columbine flowers. Since you're in Canada, though, and I'm in SoCal, I suspect our climates/zones are very different and these flowers might not grow well in your region. However, I second the lantanas.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back