• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Needed (1 Viewer)

Ian Hardy

I was in the garden last night trapping moths when a large black thing landed
on the hose wall behind me i only saw it closing its wings before it dissapeared could it have been a bat, far too big for a moth.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Ian

I suppose it is possible, especially a young moth, I do stand out beside the trap with the bat detector, I am amazed at the bat activity last few nights, one did come too low and the cats caught it, but I managed to save it from their paws and let it go - so perhaps you had a LFB as well!

No reason why it shouldn't have been a bat - I too used to have my bat detector to hand when moth trapping back in Wales.

I live only a few miles away from you and we have significant bat activity at the moment (when its not pouring with rain) and my detector is back in regular use, even took it to Scotland last week on hols.

Karl

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back