• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Easy accessible places to watch birds? (1 Viewer)

BirdNerdMel

Hi everyone!
I'm fairly new to birding, just about 2 years so far, I've joined this forum because I see a lot of you are very knowledgeable about birds :)

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good easy accessible locations to view birds in the Durham/north east area.
My dad can't walk very good on uneven ground or uphill lots, so we're looking for places with even flat ground that we can go to observe birds, or some good bird hides?

Hi everyone!
I'm fairly new to birding, just about 2 years so far, I've joined this forum because I see a lot of you are very knowledgeable about birds :)

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good easy accessible locations to view birds in the Durham/north east area.
My dad can't walk very good on uneven ground or uphill lots, so we're looking for places with even flat ground that we can go to observe birds, or some good bird hides?

You might find Rainton Meadows accessible also Near Gateshead Far Pastures and Shibdon Pond. Most of the visitors to these sites are helpful and friendly in imho.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, we will make sure to check these places out!
We've been to low barns and it was a wonderful day out, that's where I saw my first Reed Bunting hehe :D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back