• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon XS10IS (1 Viewer)

SDB777

It's what I have....

So here goes, what can I do to make this work? Biggest problem, no threads on the lense and it is big. Would like to put this on a Meade ETX-70(again, it's what I have) and the lense is clean!

Is there anything I can get to make this combination work? I think it'll give me exactly what is needed to take fine photographs of those not so optically friendly birds.

Scott (requesting a little help) B

Does that camera have a really high zoom, something like 20X ? I couldn't find an XS10is but did find an SX10is. Are they the same thing, sometimes the names are different depending on country.

Generally 3x zoom and under is best for digiscoping. Before buying any adapters etc I'd try hand holding the camera to the scopes eyepiece to see what sort of vignetting you are going to get. It may be a non starter.

Paul.

Paul, you are correct the camera is a SX, not XS....guess I should do better at proof reading. This camera does a optical 20x and a digital 80x. Even with the 20x optic....sometimes it's just not enough, and the quality really drops during a crop.

There is a company out in the internet-land that offers an adapter to go where the sunshade rotates on, but I really doubt that it's tough enough to hold the cameras weight.

Found this: http://www.cncsupplyinc.com/ " Universal Camera Mount UCM1 "
But it doesn't seem to have enough clearance between the mounting 1/4"-20 threading for tripod and the front of the adapter....

Are there any other adapters at anyone knows about/of?

Scott (adapting to the adapter) B

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back