• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (16 Viewers)

Hi Phil, I wonder if you've got my record of 3 Sandwich Terns which dropped into the flashes around 0630 am on the 11th July 1978, it was always one of my highlights for UW. It's hard to believe it's nearly 38 years ago!

Unortunately not Geoff as it doesn't appear to have been included in the West Midland Bird Club annual report for that year.

At Flashes from 5.30 am
Plenty of snow and Steve ( spike ) still in his shorts:eek!:

Shoveler 6. gadwall 4. Avocet 20. Curlew 1. Snipe 1. lapwing 14. dunlin 4 all different to yesterday's singleton. Common sand. oystercatchers 2. Med Gull 2nd summer.

Strange sight of 40 hirundines hovering into the snow flurry

Also at the Moors Pool this morning Dave J reports:

1 Little Egret, Sedge Warbler, Reed Warbler, Nuthatch, 2 Lesset Redpoll, 3 Teal, 11 Shoveler

A pair of LRP were walking right up to the Avocet Hide this afternoon, couple of photos of the male, plus a Chiffchaff not enjoying the North wind. Also 4 Dunlin and Common Sandpiper on the Flashes.

Attachments

• Chiffchaff comp.jpg
    Chiffchaff comp.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 92
  • LRP 1 comp.jpg
    LRP 1 comp.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 78
  • LRP 2 comp.jpg
    LRP 2 comp.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 75
Dave J reports from the Flashes:

30 Avocet, Little Egret, Common Sandpiper, Curlew, Snipe, 3 LRP, 2 Sedge Warbler, Lesser Whitethroat

a few from today

a lovely day at the warren, the rail was showing really well from the hen brook hide and two goldcrests at the bottom of the steps to within 3ft, got to moors and the osprey came over saw the gulls go up but i was on the causeway it came right over and the hovering pic was over the pool by the car park really thought it was gonna go in. after circling round a bit it got a buzzard coming in and drifted off i guess towards bittell.

Attachments

• DSC02382.jpg
    DSC02382.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC02404.jpg
    DSC02404.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC02408.jpg
    DSC02408.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC02423.jpg
    DSC02423.jpg