• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

B and H Photo (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
I love the company....if you go to the superstore in NYC, everything is displayed, everything almost always in stock. The best to shop for camera and digiscoping equipment, period....

Now...a huge negative...I have never seen a store 'closed' so much for religious holidays as this company and yet because of their service when they are open, they maintain customer loyalty. I respect their religion and always will. But it is amazing how many times I come to NYC from the west coast of the states and this place is closed during the times I am here.

They do give great service. Just respect them for putting their beliefs ahead of chasing money - too many forget everything else to do so. Its nice to have an exception even if annoying at the time if you've travelled a long way to their store.

Just don't plan any holidays around the Jewish Holidays and you should do fine ;)

It's a great business and I've been dealing with them for more than 10 years.

Hello,

I think that Hebcal.com lists their holidays:here
As I understand it, they may be open for the week of Hannukah. In any case, B&H posts their holidays on their web site.

If you are in New York, I recommend Cameralandny.com., who keep common shop hours.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :egghead:

I love B&H. Can't say I've had much experience with them being closed on holidays, however I would find it annoying as well... but whatcha gonna do I guess :)

Russ

I usually look and plan for their holidays but this time I didn't...oh well. Luckily they have online purchasing which is what I do most of the time. None the less, they are still the best photo store I have ever purchased from, bar none...

For those that are wondering, B&H does provide a list of their holiday schedule on-line (not including shabbos closings):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/HoursOfOperation.jsp

Pinewood is correct, they are open during Chanukah. In the grand scheme of things, it's a minor festival not requiring business to be shut down.

You may have a similar experience with Adorama Camera, also in NY (and also a good company to do business with - both have received orders from me).

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back