• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RFI: Olive Warbler (how late?) (1 Viewer)

Barr Tender

World: 730 ABA: 603 Latest Lifer: Saw-whet Owl
United States
Hey folks,

How late in the year can one expect to see Olive Warblers in AZ? We got skunked by the bird twice in one trip (our last trip to AZ was the Chiricahuas, where we missed it at Barfoot, and saw a silouhette that might've been one on Mt Lemmon...) and would love to finally bag it.

We're heading to Vermillion Cliffs/Grand Canyon to chase Condors a week or so from now, and might run North from there to re-chase the Snowcocks in Nevada, or might have time to run after Olive Warblers, if they'll be around.

Any recommendations welcome.

Thanks,

Dave in Denver

Ha-- if only I'd had the means to type 'Olive Warbler range map' into google before writing this post. I simply assumed they were migratory, but range maps say show them as permanent residents throughout their range. So as long as you've bothered reading this far, any thoughts on whether they're harder or easier to track down in late Sept/early Oct, favorite reliable spots for the bird, etc, would be great.

I have the same questions for Sulphur-bellied Fly, btw. We missed it in Cave Creek Canyon last time, as it was May, and apparently the bird doesn't arrive till later.

Thanks,

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back