• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

US moth help (1 Viewer)

dtpavlik

Bugger
Hey Guys,

Been playing with my blacklight from bioquip and found some cool moths. I have been able to identify a lot of them, but there are also a lot I can not identify.

If anyone knows the identify of any of these moths, please let me know.

Attachments

• aug22harlowunk2.jpg
    aug22harlowunk2.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 48
  • aug22harlowunk.jpg
    aug22harlowunk.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 33
  • harlowmoth1.jpg
    harlowmoth1.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 37
  • harlowmoth2.jpg
    harlowmoth2.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 35
  • harlow-moth-2.jpg
    harlow-moth-2.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 36
Here are a few more. These are all from Marquette, MI, which is in the upper peninsula on Lake Superior.

Thanks!
David

Attachments

• harlow-moth-3.jpg
    harlow-moth-3.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 44
  • harlowmoth4.jpg
    harlowmoth4.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 39
  • harlowmoth6.jpg
    harlowmoth6.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 33
  • harlow-moth-6.jpg
    harlow-moth-6.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 33
  • moth3.jpg
    moth3.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 41
Here are a few more. These are all from Marquette, MI, which is in the upper peninsula on Lake Superior.

Thanks!
David

check out bugguide.net. I'm in Southern Ontario and regularly go lighting (400w metal halide) for moths and other insects. If you are ever in the area of Windsor get in touch!

Russ

Hey Russ,

I have identified a lot of my moths from Bugguide.net and Moth Photographers Group, just having trouble with these. Any ideas? I'm really new at this.

David

Hi guys,

If I was thinking of vacationing Florida next month......What might be my chances of seeing Gaudy Sphinx?....as to my eye....from images seen on the web....It looks absolutely spectacular!

cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back