• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tropical Kingbird? (1 Viewer)

I think I saw a Tropical Kingbird at Silverbell Lake in Tucson, yesterday. I do not have a picture, but it matched Sibleys exactly. Is this possible? Has anyone seen this bird in the area? Thanks for any help.

I've never been to Arizona, but according to eBird, the Tuscon area is quite a hotspot for the species - for North America anyway - so I can well believe you might have seen one.

Take a look at this page for a bunch of other peoples' lists for the past year.

I think I saw a Tropical Kingbird at Silverbell Lake in Tucson, yesterday. I do not have a picture, but it matched Sibleys exactly. Is this possible? Has anyone seen this bird in the area? Thanks for any help.

Be sure to rule out Western and Cassin's Kingbird.

Wim

Wim:

I did wonder about Westerns and Cassins, but the breast of the bird was yellow all the way up to the neck. In Sibleys (my usual guide) the breast is Grey, not yellow, for These other two Kingbirds.
Thanks for the reply!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back