• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visit (1 Viewer)

Paul Eele

Just back from a fantastic visit to SE Arizona covering the 'usual' sites in the Sierra Vista, Green Valley, Tuscon and Portal areas with a short hop up to the Grand Canyon at the end.

Finished the trip with a respectable total of 185 species, higher that I was expecting.
Highlights were red faced and olive warblers, elegant trogon and roadrunner but birding the spectacular scenery was fantastic. Being surrounded by bright warblers on My Lemmon was superb.

Managed to catch a few spectacular storms (nothing like that in the UK) and will miss the warmth this winter ;)

Excellent trip

I'm glad your trip was a good one. One of the best things about living here is the birding.

Lovely place to live but I bet you're glad of air con being invented!!;)

Cave Creek Canyon is one of this Texan's favorite places on earth. Have been there once during August (during which the home state is always sweltering) and was surprised how comfortable we were camping at Sunny Flat. The afternoon showers certainly helped.

Gary H

Very cool! Did you see a lot of birds in the Grand Canyon? Seeing a California Condor is on my bucket list, but apparently they are even rare to see in the places they live.

Very cool! Did you see a lot of birds in the Grand Canyon? Seeing a California Condor is on my bucket list, but apparently they are even rare to see in the places they live.

We had a few birds but nothing we hadn't already seen. Its was cool to look down on top of the vultures are zone tailed hawk. We didn't see condor but the weather was a little cool with showers, probably not the best conditions

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back