• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa BDII-XD - september 2019 (3 Viewers)

If there is anything wrong with it, he should not move it on, if he does, then that would be up to the seller to check what the dealer is trying to give him,err.. (hose him) to sell. I always check my products, always.

Andy W.

thanks for the replies

edj

Last edited:
I already have the SV 8x32 and I don't think there is anyway the Kowa 8x32 is going to be better than the SV.

One way the 8x32 Kowa is better than the SV is that is has a field of view over 19% bigger when compared on an area of view basis.

And no, fov is not the only criteria on which to judge but sometimes fov is just what you need.

Lee

One way the 8x32 Kowa is better than the SV is that is has a field of view over 19% bigger when compared on an area of view basis.

And no, fov is not the only criteria on which to judge but sometimes fov is just what you need.

Lee
Lee,

Is that more or less than when going from a medium to a large size pizza? what about when going from a large to a family size? Is the ham green or fresh off the bone? And why don't people like pineapple?! Isn't that pineapplist?? :-O

Chosun :gh:

Lee,

Is that more or less than when going from a medium to a large size pizza? what about when going from a large to a family size? Is the ham green or fresh off the bone? And why don't people like pineapple?! Isn't that pineapplist?? :-O

Some people say it all depends on the apparent size of the pizza not the size in reality, and in this context pineapple is like the Higgs boson - even when its not there, you know its been there! The correct name for fear of pineapple might be ananaphobia or it might humbug. Folks in France sometimes order their steaks cooked 'blue' in restaurants, so these same folks might like their ham 'green', although, technically speaking, green ham is ham that hasn't been cooked, cured or smoked.

Lee

Kowa rep tells me they will be arriving before then but no exact date yet. Guess we’ll find out

Just got our notification from Kowa. We will have some BD-II XDs at Optics4Birding tomorrow, 10/4.

We also had an 8x42 and an 8x32 to play with for a few days in mid-September. We were very impressed with the amount of CA reduction at that price, and the huge improvement in light transmission compared to the original BD XDs. We've moved the BD-II XDs to the top of our list for our next review.

Ladies and gentlemen, place your orders.

Last edited:
Kowa rep tells me they will be arriving before then but no exact date yet. Guess we’ll find out

Redstart Birding lists the Kowa BD II XD 6.5x32 Binoculars as being in stock for $399.99. Also, Amazon.com looks like they have all the models now in stock. Both places should have easy returns in case they are a lemon unlike Binoculars USA that charge a 20% restocking fee.

https://redstartbirding.com/product...pE3t-15kP-oiiFnb7r_Q_YI6Wo1Cwg1AaAjnrEALw_wcB
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Kowa+BD+II+XD+6.5x32&ref=nb_sb_noss

Interesting, since the first shipment just arrived at the Kowa USA warehouse this morning, according to their national sales manager, who was on the phone with me when he received the inventory update that the binos had been scanned in. So, I guarantee that nobody has them in stock yet. We're only 45 miles from the warehouse, so we will definitely have some tomorrow.

Amazon.com says there is 12 in stock and the seller is Kowa Sport Optics which looks like a good seller with 100% feedback. It says delivery by Oct. 7 if you pay for expedited shipping. It could be these sellers are getting the binoculars tomorrow also. I ordered a pair from Red Start Birding so we will see if they ship tomorrow. I think all these seller's try to beat each other to the punch on a new product like this to get the initial surge of buyers that want to try something new. There really hasn't been too many new binoculars lately especially alpha's. I will write a short review when I get them for those on the fence when I get them.

https://www.amazon.com/Kowa-6-5-32m...ds=Kowa+BD+II+XD+6.5x32&qid=1570144559&sr=8-1

Last edited:
Amazon.com says there is 12 in stock and the seller is Kowa Sport Optics which looks like a good seller with 100% feedback. It says delivery by Oct. 7 if you pay for expedited shipping. It could be these sellers are getting the binoculars tomorrow also. I ordered a pair from Red Start Birding so we will see if they ship tomorrow. I think all these seller's try to beat each other to the punch on a new product like this to get the initial surge of buyers that want to try something new. There really hasn't been too many new binoculars lately especially alpha's. I will write a short review when I get them for those on the fence when I get them.

https://www.amazon.com/Kowa-6-5-32m...ds=Kowa+BD+II+XD+6.5x32&qid=1570144559&sr=8-1

I'm thinking about getting them myself! It's been a while since I've bought a new binocular! LOL!

Redstart Birding called me and said the Kowa's BD II XD 6.5x32's are delayed again and they didn't know when they would get them. Kowa Sport Optics on Amazon.com has them in stock. I verified it and ordered a pair of the 6.5x32's for Wednesday delivery. Mini-review to follow. No CD or Goat testing.

Last edited:
Redstart Birding called me and said the Kowa's BD II XD 6.5x32's are delayed again and they didn't know when they would get them. Kowa Sport Optics on Amazon.com has them in stock. I verified it and ordered a pair of the 6.5x32's for Wednesday delivery. Mini-review to follow. No CD or Goat testing.

Den
If you want to start a new and intensively investigative testing regime, why not take a CD up a mountain and have the goat in your sitting room. Please take photos of your testing set-up and post on here. We would also like quotes from the goat to see if he/she/it agrees with your conclusions.

Lee

They'd have to be sharp for you to read the 'words' off the CD surface itself ! That'd be a first !! :-O

This is exciting stuff! The first professional, unbiased review on the internet of a new hot binocular by the well known and highly trusted binocular expert and connoisseur. The Kowa's BD II XD 6.5x32's. Read it right here on Bird Forum! The ratings of this forum are going to skyrocket. Coming soon!

Attachments

• Kowa_BDII_6x32_XD_facing_SW_1024x1024.jpg
    Kowa_BDII_6x32_XD_facing_SW_1024x1024.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
This is exciting stuff! The first professional, unbiased review on the internet of a new hot binocular by the well known and highly trusted binocular expert and connoisseur. The Kowa's BD II XD 6.5x32's. Read it right here on Bird Forum! The ratings of this forum are going to skyrocket. Coming soon!
LOL ! :-O Obviously you're going to use the binocular one handed then ! :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back