• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Titchwell Marsh Bewick Swans (1 Viewer)

Nikon Kid

Love them Sula Bassana
Went to Titchwell Marsh to-day tried to find the Bearded Tit
but again no luck 4th time of trying maybe next time while
I was there 4 Bewick Swans flew in there's a image below
but was a bit far off also one Little Egret plenty of waders
went to the beach and a lot of Curlew around at the sea's egde
and a few large gulls need a ID please image below also a group
of Ring Plover and I guess Dunlin a image below for ID please
Anyway had a nice day out saw lots of other birds but being
on my own and total novice must have missed lots

BTW is the last image Greyleg Goose

Attachments

• bewickswantitmarsh.jpg
    bewickswantitmarsh.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 87
  • littleegrettitmarsh.jpg
    littleegrettitmarsh.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 76
  • gulltitmarsh.jpg
    gulltitmarsh.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 70
  • dunlintitmarsh.jpg
    dunlintitmarsh.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 101
  • greylegtitmarsh.jpg
    greylegtitmarsh.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 76
This bird game is not easy roll on next year

And the year after that ..and the year after that!!

It takes years to aquire the highest level of identification skills, I've been doing it for five years but only recently getting to grips with the waders etc, all good fun though..

Nice pics btw:t:

Matt

And the year after that ..and the year after that!!

It takes years to aquire the highest level of identification skills, I've been doing it for five years but only recently getting to grips with the waders etc, all good fun though..

Nice pics btw:t:

Matt

Hi Nikonkid

Super pictures by the way

I can understand where you are coming from. The waders are not the easist to identify at the best of times. It is just getting the hang of it here and it never gets easier does it ;)

I struggle with the Dunlins though they seen to be quite plumper small birds than, say the stint which is just as small (but slimmer). It is so confusing which is which here.

The picture with the Golden Plovers, that is some ID to my eye.:-O

From what Matt has said I could believe it will take a while to get used to the ID's and we will expect that here too.

Regards
Kathy

Hi Nikon,

The thing with Bearded Tits is to learn the call - it sounds like two £1 coins being banged together and is often given in flight....

The thing to do is to visit somewhere that they are known to be - preferably on a still, sunny day - and listen for the call. If you're lucky, you may then see some birds flying low over the reeds (making quite heavy weather of it!) before diving down again. The sort of views that you see in field guides of a bird clinging to the top of a reed stem are pretty hard to come by...

Having said that, Autumn is your best hope, when families parties sometimes will do just that.

Good luck....

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back