• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Colorado (1 Viewer)

So I saw a Western Tanager a few weeks ago and that triggered a hopeless avalanche of bird-interest.

I live in the foothills of the Rockies on several acres overlooking a deep canyon. So we get regular raptor flybys (Golden eagles, red tail hawks, etc) and a fair assortment of other interesting birds. We get a lot of long views out here, so I decided that it was time for some really decent binoculars. It turns out that good binoculars triggered an even greater interest in birds... and even better binoculars. So at this point I think I’m pretty well down the rabbit hole…

Glad to be here!

David

[Saw this yesterday and shot it by holding my iPhone up to the binoculars eyecup (yikes). I am not a master of bird Identification, but I’m pretty sure I know what these are… ]

Attachments

• FB1AA3D7-A22F-49D4-8C63-C583B57AFACB.jpeg
    FB1AA3D7-A22F-49D4-8C63-C583B57AFACB.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hello David and welcome to the forum from all the Staff, join in where ever you like and enjoy and all the best

Hi David and a warm welcome from me too.

That's a lovely picture you've got of your Bald Eagles lad ... maybe we'll be able to see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Hi ya David and a warm welcome to you from me in Myrtle Beach ;)

That's a great shot of the pair of Bald Eagles guy!

Please join in wherever you like guy ;)

Hi David, beautiful photo. Welcome to the forum. That rabbit hole called birding has swallowed up a lot of us over the years, welcome to the club (a very nice club).

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back