• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello Everyone (1 Viewer)

First post here. Thanks for the invite.!!

I've been birding for roughly 30 years. I have just 315 species checked off. I like what I've seen though. I'll never forget the coming thunderstorm when out of the corner of my eye I saw a Peregrine Falcon screaming down and over the marsh. Little did I know around the next bend in the serpentine was 500 Ring-necked Ducks.!! It was a bird show. They all took flight into flocks of 15's and 25's. The Falcon went up above the flocks, locked onto a flock, busted into the flock and doubled in size, he got his feed and never made another move, he was straight down at a 50degree angle into the marshlands where I'm certain he..... Chaio'd. That was my introduction to both.... Bird Watching and Waterfowling. That year was 1987. Those 2 things have shaped my life. I no longer waterfowl but I love seeing them. In fact, I love seeing Seagulls. A clean Seagull is so graceful and elegant. Who could ask for more with the naked eye.??
There's my introduction. I think I'll like this forum. I've never joined before. I have a question so go track it down and give me some answers.!!! Thanks everyone. I'll try to make this fun.!! … Ron

Hi Ron and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. That was a site to see! Don’t blame the ducks for panicking.

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure that you will find lots to interest you here and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back