• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

And the winner of the December 2003 Competition is... (1 Viewer)

bcurrie

"Crystal Christmas - House Sparrow" by Gerd Rossen. A very Hearty (yes, with a capital H) congratulations to you. Admin should be contacting you in the next day or so in order to properly send you your wonderful prize (make sure you check either the Private Messages or your e-mail). A nice "job well done" to the runner-up of "Fieldfare eating apples" by jenygard.

A huge THANK YOU to all 209 of you who took the time to vote! That is a new record for us.

The January theme/challenge will be announced in the next day or two.

With this competition now over, we will leave the photos in the competition gallery until this weekend. Now we strongly encourage you to make comments. Disregard the note to not make comments, if I do not move it before you make a comment.

Congratulations Gerd - it was a close run thing, and you did very well.

Congratulations also to all the entrants - it was really difficult choosing the one to vote for.

Finally thanks to the organisers, and the sponsor for giving such a splendid prize.

Last edited:
Great shot Gerd! A well deserved win.

Lots of really nice photos, thanks to everyone for sharing the spirit of the season.

Alicia

Last edited:
Brian, will these photos stay in the individual users' galleries even after you clear out the Dec. Competition Gallery?

Gratulations, Gerd ! I think your picture was the best. It was a close competition and it was very exciting to be in it to the last minute.

Gerd,congratulations,a lovely picture.You did really well,as the standard of entries was so high,it made voting very difficult.
Christine.

Hearty congratulations to you, Gerd! That was a really tough competition cause all the cards were so beautiful and I enjoyed seeing each and every one of them. Yours was a well dederved win. Enjoy the binoculars!

Alicia (and others),

Yes, the photos will stay with the individual user gallery, though be moved to a different category (i.e., Bird of North America, Birds of Britain and Europe, etc), except for the winning entry which will be moved to the 2003 Competition winners category. The process will start this weekend.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back