• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phonescoping with Nokia Lumia 920 (1 Viewer)

You are quite right. The idea is not to touch the phone. On a long trawl through the internet I came across a cable release inserted into the earphone socket that was supposed to activate the shutter of the Nokia Lumia 920.It was very cheap and from China so I ordered one. Needless to say it doesn't work! However I have now come across somebody in the UK who is selling a remote shutter release that supposedly works through Bluetooth. I am awaiting delivery of this gizmo with interest and will keep you posted.
Tom Lawson.

Have now tried both a cable shutter release and a remote shutter release that supposedly works through Bluetooth,but even with the Camera 360 app on the phone neither works on the Nokia Lumia 920! The saving grace is that if you touch the screen to fire the shutter there is a slight delay between focussing and the actual exposure which helps to reduce any vibration you have introduced with the finger.

Tom Lawson.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back