• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

E Guides (1 Viewer)

Doass

I am looking for an e guide/ e book for birds of europe. Any suggestions please. Is the Collins European Guide digitised?

Thanks Doass

A more appropriate link may be this one because it indicates that the only electronic version of Collins has been for pdas running some version of Windows OS.

They've had this guide as `coming soon' for up-to-date mobile devices for years now, so it's not worth holding your breath. The Collins isn't available for the Kindle platform either, in case you're not looking for a fully-fledged app.

As for alternative guides to try there have been relevant threads on the computer and software forum, for example here and here for the most recent relevant threads.

Welcome to Birdforum, Doass, and I hope you'll find useful info here.

Andrea

Thanks for that Andrea, I didn't realize but only wanted to help. Ach well, there were alternatives alongside for Doass to look at.

Thanks for that Andrea, I didn't realize but only wanted to help.

I appreciate that Andy, and I hope I didn't come across as indicating otherwise. It just so happens that I know a little more about the situation, so I wanted to point that out. What we really need is somebody from the company telling us whether there's any real chance of Collins being available electronically any time soon!

Andrea

Not at all Andrea, it was good that you pointed that out, because people think when they look that its coming soon. I agree a statement from Collins would be good.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back