• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID (1 Viewer)

CantsleepSC

Bird ID??
I live in rock hill, SC(close enough to NC). And in my neighborhood is a bird I would like to know the identification of. I am not a bird watcher, and have no pictures of the bird. The only thing I know about the bird is that it seems to have the ability to make 50 or so different calls in rapid changes. It only stays on one call for 2-3 seconds and just keeps switching sounds. Also, it seems to LOVE to sing at night. It has woken me out of sleep at 12:00, 2:00, 5:00, etc. And it sings for HOURS! The worst part is it lives in a tree right across from my house and has very high pitch calls.

Does anyone have an idea as to what kind of bird this may be?

Sounds like a mockingbird to me too. Mockers are famous for their non-stop performances and varied repertoires and for singing at night. The worst of it should soon be over, however; once the breeding season winds down a little your bird will probably start singing much less persistently.

Last edited:
Okay-MOVIE NUT HERE... :king:

Anybody else thinking of Zooey Deschanel's character in Failure To Launch...?

"Shut UP you..."

What the... kind of devil bird chirps at night?"

o:D

PS-Another vote for the Northern Mockingbird, BTW...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back