• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kassel Germany, middle of the night, loquacious songbirds (1 Viewer)

juilkein

Hello everyone,

These birds are having a conversation. They aren't just making noises; though the beginning can be the same (to my ears), the length and content of their songs are all over the place. These birds are *chatting*.

I heard them, but never saw them, throughout the day... it sounded like there were a dozen of them in the elderberry tree. It's the middle of the night and they are still at it. I *think* one is perched atop the chimney across the way, but it is too dark to be sure.
They sing all day and all night, a beautiful song, but, like, all day and all night... I've never heard a bird do this. (Perhaps it is mating season? Or just Saturday night?) It literally sounds like deep jungle outside, but when I look out the window it is still just an alleyway. Any idea what they are?

(I gegooglt, but I speak German only slightly better than I speak songbird. And there is a band or group of singers here called The Songbirds, which isn't helping.)

Thanks
https://walmartone.me/

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back