• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Insuring cameras etc (1 Viewer)

Farnboro John

After a recent upgrade to camera equipment I finally feel required to insure my kit. Does the community still feel that for amateur purposes inclusion on the all risks bit of household insurance (with specific high value items listed) is the best route?

I would want it covered when abroad but that's not likely to be more than 3 or maybe 4 weeks a year I guess.

Any advice welcomed.

John

Yes get it put on your house insurance as named extra items, they will normally give you the patter of if it is covered when you take it abroad or you could always ask....or perhaps your travel insurance may cover it.

About 10 years ago we had a camera bag with camera lenses, spare battrey and memory cards stolen from our locked alarmed car when on holiday in the Cairngorms. The car insurance [fully comp]was only to cover the damage to the car and about £200 of contents in the car which no way covered the camera etc [ was just short of £1000 when we worked it out] So we checked our travel insurance and sure enough we were able to claim for it as it was reported to the police and we could furnish them with receipts as well for the camera etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back