• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adam's Art (1 Viewer)

The eiders turned out nicely, Adam.
I'm looking forward to more of your work.
I hope you don't take this offensively, but a couple of your paintings/sketches/watercolors seemed reminiscent of Audubon.
Neat!

The eiders turned out nicely, Adam.
I'm looking forward to more of your work.
I hope you don't take this offensively, but a couple of your paintings/sketches/watercolors seemed reminiscent of Audubon.
Neat!

Thanks birdpotter, no offense taken the artist who is my main inspiration is a british artist called Julian Novorol (google his name and you'll find his work) for all i live on the coast and regulary see Eiders the inspiration for that painting actually came from a DVD showing sea ducks in north America that lighthouse actually exists somewhere in America.

Thanks, i did go over the dark parts of the lighthouse and rocks with a very thin layer of pale colour which seemed to push it into the back ground a bit also finnishing the birds i think has brought them to the foreground and pushed the lighthouse back.

So there you are glazing! It's worked well adding that 'atmospheric perspective'.

Mike

Finally got round to doing a bit more painting,not quite sure exactly which way this one's heading yet.

Attachments

• tn_001.JPG
    tn_001.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 70
Well there's another one finished,pretty happy with the end result.

Attachments

• tn_002.JPG
    tn_002.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 131
. . . and so you should be, Adam - this really does have the lot! It's an extremely clever piece; subtle variety in the palette creating a wonderful silver light, so true to the north-east coast - the winding creeks in the mud are repeated in the clouds bringng the whole composition together and the birds are very much a part of the scene, living in that space. An absolute crackerjack, mate!

very powerful work with strong abstract qualities that makes an irresistible image with deep emotional context. to me almost apocalyptic speaking to our relationship to nature....maybe I've heard too much news of the oil spill lately;)

this is none of my business....but I love this work and really was into it and noticed the signature is so strong it kept getting my attention....since the work is very "empty"....maybe you could tone it down in value so it doesn't get so much attention

Lovely piece, Adam, with wonderful silvery light. It's one of those pieces that makes you think there's a light switched on behind it somehow, hard to believe that it's all done with tones and contrasts.

Mike

Blake meets Scott over a group of Wigeon, seeing a scene like this makes the hairs on your back prickle with awe.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back