• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panny FZ70 - 60x compact! (1 Viewer)

I see B&H and Amazon have it for $249. I have the Canon SX30 IS and Nikon P500 superzooms and will wait until 2015 when they put 4K video in the superzoom cameras.

Any updates?

And what was meant by the Leica lens comment? Did Leica make previous lens and they are using something else on this?
I'm rather tired of my 24x Leica even though I don't use it much. Wondering whats coming up if anything or jump on this or the Canon

And what was meant by the Leica lens comment? Did Leica make previous lens and they are using something else on this?
I'm rather tired of my 24x Leica even though I don't use it much. Wondering whats coming up if anything or jump on this or the Canon

Earlier models had the Leica name up front. If nothing else, that can be considered as somewhat of a quality indicator. I guess it's essentially the design, not the manufacturing though that came from Leica. I would assume that a 60x zoom range simply involves too many quality compromises to fit Leica's minimal standards. But I have not seen an explicit comparison of this lens with earlier ones. I would be very much interested to see such a comparison.

I have two batteries for my FZ 150. Are they the same batteries? I have found today that this is priced 140.00 less than the older Canon SX50 which makes me wonder if its not selling well or something.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back