• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How many bird sayings do you know. (1 Viewer)

Lanesra

Here are the bird sayings I know, put together in a story with an image of mine to go with each one Just a bit of fun that I hope you will enjoy. Just give a click to BIRD SAYINGS

Hi Wolfbirder I have a crow picture that could fit in nicely. Thank you.

Attachments

• Three crows.jpg
    Three crows.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 11
Thank you dwallace. I have a goose picture that will do instead of this one. I have updated the story

Attachments

• goose.jpg
    goose.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
The common cormorant or shag,
Lays its egg in a paper bag.
The reason why, no doubt,
Is to keep the thunder and lightning out.

Thank you Wolfbirder, I have a swallow picture so I will add that to my story.

Attachments

• Swallow.jpg
    Swallow.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 12
Another Swallow one.... but I've no idea how you'd turn it into a story!!!

Swallows flying high, going to be dry
Swallows flying low, we're in for a blow

The photo that accompanies the phrase " dont count your chickens before they hatch" is incorrect as it shows goslings rather than chickens.

I didn't see anything about it been a barn swallow, although I do have a picture of one. My pic is of a violet-green swallow (Tachycineta thalassina). I don't think it will matter for my story anyway, if I add it. A couple more sayings have arrived also about swallows.

Thank you for your notes. I can use soar with eagles as I have lots of eagle pics. As for 'don't count your chickens', goslings will have to do as I don't have chickens and it is just a saying.

" Soar with Eagles " Is a good one, I have a few eagle pics. I can see that I'm going to be busy adding all these sayings.

Attachments

• bald eagle.jpg
    bald eagle.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 17
Hi PYRTLE, I have added a few words to the chickens picture. I have had a few more sayings as you can see so I'm going to be busy adding them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back